What does the Media development team do?
Spot interesting stories that can be profiled in local papers and on the radio to increase the visibility of Scouting to the local community and make scouting a more attractive organization to join. The team does this by taking very day scouting events like camps, award events, expeditions, day trips unusual Programme activities and profiling them in local media outlets.
To undertake this role you don’t need specialist media skills – we can teach you these. What you do need is to be enthuastic about Scouting and explain to others how Scouting changes young peoples and adults lives.
Specifically you need to be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to commit between 2 and 5 hours per week and up to 4 days per year during weekends (participating in meetings and attending youth events etc)
- Know your way around a PC
- A creative thinker, dedicated to promoting and developing Scouting
We welcome applications from people currently outside of Scouting.
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive training and support package locally and from a team of staff and volunteers at HQ.
- The opportunity to develop a range of skills with a supportive team.
- A great addition to your CV.
- The chance to make a real difference!
If you think that you have the necessary skills and would like the challenge of this exciting role, or know someone who might, please complete the attached nomination form and return it to email@example.com by 21st May and come along to a special comms event on the evening of 17th May. If you wish to attend this event, please sign up using our booking form.